Tuesday, March 27, 2012

There's a cherry tree in my house...in fact, there are two and a blueberry bush. I knew I will not be able to sleep well if I'd left them outside knowing  Mr. Frost is giving a visit. When Steve came home last night from giving a guitar lesson, he was surprised,  and wondered how (and if I carried the pots) I brought them in. I dragged them heeeeeeeavyyy pots. Zachary loves it. He likes the jungle feel it gave our little space. They're going to spend another night inside just to make sure. Two other things I brought in are dirty rectangular pots that nurse my future mesclun salad and Zach's favorite green garden snack---sugar snap peas. The rest, flowers seedlings, swiss chard, malabar spinach, baby stevia plants, etc. I left to fend for themselves out in the cold hoping they'd make it. The pots of stevia are not well.
Meantime, in the darkest corner of my wee kitchen, my sprouts are happily growing.

cherry tree by the doorway

Cherry tree number two and blueberry bush

mesclun and sugar snap peas


my mini sprout farm currently sprouting  blue french lentil, radish, broccoli , peas,  alfalfa  and fenugreek


They like to sleep and grow in the dark

2 comments: