Friday, March 30, 2012

As I drove home from work today, tired, a-weavin' and a-bobbin' through the Friday afternoon traffic I thought I'd get a short nap before I do some work in the wee garden. I have some basil and sugar snap peas to transplant. My potted trees have leaves in chartreuse and I'm not sure if it's because I kept them in the house for 3 days or it is its natural color of new leaves in spring.

 And so I found parking in front of the house, a rare happening especially on a Friday when all the youth it seems to me invade Long Beach to eat drink and be merry. As I walked to the gate, my eyes looking straight ahead, saw a most delightful thing that totally wiped my tiredness away. There on the porch was the box I've been waiting for, waiting for me. I became a kid let loose in a candy store.


No comments:

Post a Comment