Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It is a rare occasion that I get to hang out with my sisters for five days or so. What a grand time I had. Meeting in Indiana where Ellen lives, we drove in from NY (what a feat!), Jenny flew in from Colorado Springs, and Beth zipped in from Canada (two other sisters were absent). On our first day, after a big Filipino breakfast with much reminiscing and guffawing, we took a walk or so I thought. Upon hearing the word walk, my first instict was to grab a small knife just in case I find something to harvest? I did not know Ellen wanted to visit her neighbors with us in tow. So on our way to the neighbors' chalet by the pond on one side and the deep bluff on the other...the very first things I set my eyes on to was a morel mushroom. You can't guess how delighted I was. Then another one a few inches away. Like I said, it was not really a walk, but a visit. I would have wanted to explore the area more to look for more morels, but my companions walked, talked and chatted. Between looking for morels and missing the chatter and laughter and hanging out with them, I chose to hang. On the way back to Ellen's house, I pulled out some field garlic to saute my morels with.



my first morel




wild iris



the neighbors' fish pond


what are these?




morel and field garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment