Sunday, June 17, 2012

I have no doubt our neighbors are enjoying my flowers. They are spilling out of our fence and into their territory.They can see the blooms right from their elevated porch. The scent of the Wedgewood rose hangs in the air. They do let me know they appreciate the beautiful flowers and I am happy about that.


When we're away in the summer, our neighbor water my plants. I tell him that he is welcome to pick any herbs or edibles available in the garden that he might fancy. He did pick a lot of chilis one time but gave them to me when we arrived from  vacation. So I whipped up a spicy spread of dinner and invited him and his family over.


I took  this picture from our neighbor's side

Add caption






Here's my Picasso painting an artwork for his Daddy.
Today is Father's Day.

One picture is just not enough 

Ahhh...but I love my hydrangea which I planted as a cutting  from my sister Jenny's plant which she planted from a cutting from a friends plant...

Hydrangea and roses mingling

a new bloom




It looks like I take a picture of the nasturtiums every day.
I cannot help myself, they are so beautiful!

Hollyhock will not be ignored. The flowers are breath-taking!
Now I'll go for walk on the beach with my Steve and Zachary. Perhaps, we'll catch the sunset...

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Found your blog via 1784. Beautiful blooms you have there. Hydrangeas are my wife's favorite cut flowers unfortunately they don't thrive in our climate and she has to settle for cutflowers from the uplands. -- Bom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plant Chaser I just noticed your comment today...sorry about that. Yeah, I love hydrangeas, esp. when they are blue. They are so hardy, they come back every year and when they bloom, they bloom hard. IN it's blooming season, I always have cut hydrangeas on my table. I have a lot of young hydrangeas in my yard now. When I finish with the cut flowers, I simply keep the stems in the water to root, then I plant them. At this time of the month, my remaining hydrangeas don't turn blue or pink any more. they are green. They are still a beauty. Hey, thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete