Monday, July 2, 2012

Another hot day. My hydrangeas are bowing down, stevia leaves are wilting. I spent a long time soaking the garden up. I've chopped off the sugar snap peas as well as the nasturtiums (that had a few flowers left and a lot of aphids). Yeech! Blueberries were eaten off the bush as well as a few raspberries. We never got a chance with the strawberries. Some critter got to them first. 
Picture below are my meager harvest of purple, almost black potatoes, green tomatoes and sugar snap peas.
black purple and white potatoes

these green tomatoes are casualties as the plants were tied together
golden raspberries

really sweet sugar snap peas

my hydrangeas

I made this jar of Habanero-peach  hot sauce this morning for my brother-in-law who requested it. This will travel to Canada on the  4th of July.


1 comment:

  1. This jar of peach-habanero (yeoow!!) hot sauce broke before my broher-in-law could taste and grow a hemmorhoid b-cos of it. Just as well, hemmorhoids I heard are no fun!!!

    ReplyDelete