Friday, August 10, 2012

My Jump-in-the-Ocean Peach-Habanero Hot Sauce,,YEEOOWW!!!

I have 6 pots of these hot babies, 2 or 3 plants in a pot. Every summer, I make sure to make a big batch of peach-habanero hot sauce (ding! ding! ding! five-alarm hotness!) for my  hubby who likes them REALLY HOT. It's not hot enough if his eyes and nose are not running. ;-)  And I make extra bottles for some neighbors (who are already looking forward to it) and friends who can hack real hotness. If you're in the NY area, tell me, maybe I can send a bottle your way...yeeooWW!!!




my nephews posing with my habaneros




I also harvested some of the habanero leaves as they will grace my chicken tinola (YUMM!) .
(What's chicken  tinola without chili leaves??)

Below are some bottles of peach-habanero sauce I've made in the past. They are sooo hot that they actually last us a year without getting spoiled. All natural, no-preservatives. You can't get it greener than that!

I put them in vintage bottles

Steve's crazy over this hot baby. It's soooo good on grilled chicken and fish...dumplings and  rolls...this sauce is good on everything...promise!


I got these girls from the Amish Market




No comments:

Post a Comment